Thursday, March 5, 2009

Volunteering at Mdzananda by Dr George Lightfoot


My first day at Mdzananda seems a long time ago with someone talking Xhosa at me across the consulting room table and me wondering what I had got myself into. Since then I have seen and done a lot, including treating diseases rarely seen in Britain such as distemper and babesia and seriously upped my spaying time.

As well as the many animals treated at the clinic over the last two months, it is the people that work there that really make an impression. From the all singing, all dancing surgical assistant team of Lazola and Ayanda, to the roof jumping of Bean, everyone works together in making Mdzananda such an important service to the local community.

I thank everyone involved for my time spent at the clinic. It’s been fantastic and I really hope to come again (though not to sample the local delicacies).
Picture left to right: George Lightfoot & Mongameli George

No comments:

Post a Comment